Sunday, July 8, 2012

BC Bike Race entry time!

Sunday...6pm...BC Bike Race entry time rolls around.
I invited Werner around for supper so that we can enter together when the entries open. At exactly 6pm the magic green button appears and we type like its the Olympic Typewriting finals. I fill in the details, check the boxes for the meal upgrades, check the disclaimer boxes. It feels like a Economics 244 paper that I'm writing. Eventually I get to "submit" and hit the button and the computer say "No" Transaction declined. Cr@p. I start over and get a call from Standard Bank's fraud dept.
"Did you just logged a transaction for a payment to a company in Canada?"
"Yes! Yes! I need to pay now!"
"Ok, sorry about the inconvenience"
Werner also has authorization issues and we go through the process again. This time the price jumped from the $1499 early bird to $1699. $200 because the bank wanted to check the transaction? Oh well, lets worry about that later.
Finally the payments went through and we are well on our way! This is going to be amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYbtYJtxGs

1 comment: