Friday, March 3, 2017

PE >> Plett Day 2

There is nothing like a night in a tent to get you to appreciate the small comforts in life. As nights in tents go, mine was reasonable. I managed to get 5 hours sleep in which wasn't too bad.
The early start of 6:30am was quite welcome. The climbing started early on and I decided to not burn all my matches early on. The route consisted mostly of Jeep track through the hilly countryside, and combined with a near-gale force wind made for some interesting and challenging riding. The climbs kept coming, and the wind picked up further, I was stuck in no-mans land for most of the day, so there was no protection from the wind with working together in a bunch. The dry landscape reminded me of the Little Karoo, and at times it felt like I was somewhere in the Attakwas kloof grinding away. The descents were technical, meaning that there was nomrelqxing or recovering inbetween climbs. I made good use of all 3 water points today and managed to do the stage in 6h32, which turned out a very respectable time. 1650m climbing felt like 3000m.
Assegaaibos appeared after 73km. Tonight I am sleepng on a real bed, have a flush toioet and my own shower. The units are well kept with all the basics available. Also another note to visit again with the family in the future.

Day 3 promises to be a fair bit easier on the body. Now time to rest and relax before dinner and race briefing.

No comments:

Post a Comment