Sunday, March 10, 2013

A new set of rules

Recently Werner posted a "new" set of rules when it comes to cycling. I found this quite amusing: http://notsoseriouscyclist.blogspot.com/2011/01/rules-for-mountain-bikers.html?m=1 This was re-written from what has become a bit of cycling folklore, namely the rules: http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ I suspect that both sets were written tongue in cheek and that we as cyclists were being told not to take ourselves so seriously. Today 35 000 odd riders did the yearly pilgrimage around the Peninsula in the world's biggest timed event. Well done to Werner who completed the ride in good time and to each and every other rider that got on their bikes this morning. I opted to go for a ride at Hoogekraal instead. I had a few good rides this week and I'm really enjoying the bike at the moment. 16 weeks to BCBR means that at this stage I am making the most of the Cape late Summer and trying to keep things low tempo and fun. I am looking forward to a bit of riding this weekend while my friends are suiting up to do the Epic. Some have done up to 8000 km with 80 000 meters of vertical ascent and average 15 hours a week in the last 6 months. That's more than what most people cycle in a lifetime. At this stage I'm very relieved (and slightly jealous) that I'm not lining up for this race next week. Good luck with your final preparations and may each one of you taste the sweet taste of success in 2 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment